Accelerate Your Professional Development
Targeted Guidance and A Personalized Plan
New Instructional Designers often struggle with applying theory to real-world problems. Imagine a senior designer with years of experience designing solutions for Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, non-profits, and associations, who works with you individually to boost your competence and confidence.
In this paid coaching relationship, we begin with a one-on-one session to take a deep dive into your current skills. We’ll discuss your goals as a designer, and focus on any current projects where you need specific guidance. In addition to a development plan designed for you alone, the coaching relationship provides:
- Expert review and comment on your design documents, draft course materials, or any assets you’re developing. (Protection of your confidential assets, whether you work for a company or for your own clients, is assured.)
- Targeted guidance on how to use images, info graphics, and multimedia to enhance your materials.
- Access to templates and live web-based training on how to use Microsoft Office products the right way—with styles and document automation to make your development work marvelously efficient. With these techniques in your toolkit, your workbooks, facilitation guides, and presentation materials will be easier to edit and re-use.
- Coaching on how to work with hard-to-catch SMEs.
- Guidance on untangling complex information in those first “data dump” stages of a design project.
- Best practice project management for instructional designers, including confidential client contract review for freelance designers.
Why Pay for a Design Coach and Mentor?
This coaching relationship focuses on you and your work. Your specific design challenges. A senior designer with years of successful engagements can save you time and money by guiding you to proven tools and techniques.
As you flourish…
As you build your skills, you may learn of new opportunities through your coach and mentor—if that’s a desired component of your individual development plan.